[Themaintainers] MIII - Proposed panel theme on water infrastructure and public health

E.F. Spero efs8 at mit.edu
Wed Apr 24 16:05:14 EDT 2019

Dear Maintainers,

I am looking to create or join a panel that engages with themes of water
infrastructure and public health.  My contribution is a primarily
historical case (late 19th- early 20th C) from Lawrence MA, the home of the
first sand filtration system in the US and Lawrence Experiment Station, a
leader in public health research.  I focus on the interplay between
scientific research, implementation and maintenance of infrastructure and
standards, and policy/regulation implications.
Happy to discuss at greater length with anyone who is interested in doing
something together - there are plenty of ways to involve other types of
systems, regions, time periods, and contemporary practices.

Ideas welcome,
Ellan

---
Ellan F. Spero, Ph.D.