[Themaintainers] MIII FULL PROGRAM SCHEDULE & REGULAR REGISTRATION LIVE

Jessica Meyerson jessica at educopia.org
Mon Aug 5 11:53:17 EDT 2019

Greetings Fellow Maintainers,

It is both an honor and a pleasure to be part of this community, and work
alongside you! Today is a special day for all of us:

We are excited to publish the FULL PROGRAM SCHEDULE
<http://themaintainers.org/full-miii-program> for Maintainers III:
Practice, Policy, and Care (MIII) <http://themaintainers.org/miii> -- the
third in a series of conferences that celebrates and unpacks the concepts
of maintenance, infrastructure, repair, and the myriad forms of labor and
expertise that sustain our human-built world. MIII will be held in Washington,
D.C. from October 6-9, 2019 at the Kellogg Conference Hotel (Gallaudet
University).

CHECK OUT THE PROGRAM <http://themaintainers.org/full-program> AND REGISTER
<http://themaintainers.org/miii-register>

Thanks to all the participants that submitted proposals, we have a program
that spans software, transportation, information, and general maintenance
topics. From “Bug Bounty Programs” to “Maintaining the Future of Museums”
to “Lawyering as Maintenance” we’ve got it covered.

We also welcome  Deb Chachra, Melissa Gregg, Chuch Marohn, Taeyoon Choi and
Cori Kresge <http://themaintainers.org/miii-program> as MIII keynotes.
Deborah Chachra is a materials scientist and educator of the next
generation of engineers. Melissa Gregg is a social scientist, using
ethnography to better understand the future of work. Chuck Marohn, Founder
of Strong Towns, is an engineer working to strengthen local communities
through bottom-up action. Taeyoon Choi is an artist, educator, and activist
creating at the intersection of art and technology. Cori Kresge is a
dancer, choreographer, and educator that explores different forms of
embodied knowledge. All of our keynotes will share more about their work,
provoke us to think critically about our own maintenance practices and
engage across disciplinary and professional boundaries.

Bernardo Hidalgo and Koen Berghmans, architects and creators of MAMA
<http://mama.brussels/>. Bernardo and Koen will document MIII through
illustration - inspired by the topics raised by submitted proposals as well
as discussions that take place during the conference.

MIII Planning Committee:

Hillel Arnold

Juliana Castro

Tabitha Decker