[Themaintainers] Design and repair must work together to undo our legacy of waste

lee vinsel lee at themaintainers.org
Mon Aug 5 13:36:23 EDT 2019

Hello, y'all.

In case you missed it - I certainly did - here's a recent piece in The
Conversation on the connection between design, repair, and
sustainability, "Design
and repair must work together to undo our legacy of waste
<https://theconversation.com/design-and-repair-must-work-together-to-undo-our-legacy-of-waste-119932>."
The authors are designers and design educators, including some folks who
have or will be presenting at The Maintainers conferences.

The connection between design and repairability is an important one. I have
been talking about it with some industrial design colleagues here at
Virginia Tech, and I'm hoping we'll touch on the topic in several sessions
at Maintainers III.

Lee

--
Co-Director