[Themaintainers] edtech and maintenance: request for readings

Tom Okie wtokie at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 12:51:45 EST 2019

Hi all,
Apologies if I've missed an earlier discussion of educational technology on
this list, but I'm in the process of developing a list of readings/viewings
for a course I teach called "Technology for Historians and History
Educators," mostly to practicing teachers. I take a broad view of
technology in the course (we talk about blackboards and codices as well as
digital tech), and we'll be reading Larry Cuban's *Oversold and Underused:
Computers in the Classroom*, and some of Audrey Watters' writing on edtech.

Anyway, I'd be eager to hear if anyone has other suggestions for pieces
that might teach well, including pieces that praise edtech, promise
innovation and disruption, or address maintenance problems in education.

Thanks,
Tom Okie
Kennesaw State University