[Themaintainers] edtech and maintenance: request for readings

Nathan Schneider nathan.schneider at Colorado.EDU
Wed Feb 20 14:24:06 EST 2019

This is very exciting. Together with Erin Glass at UCSD, I'm working on building an online wiki directory of "ethical edtech" (ethicaledtech.info), focused on free, open source, often self-hostable, non-surveillance tools. We'd love to work with others on organizing edit-a-thons to populate and promote the directory. It might even be fun to integrate into a course.

I'd also love any input about how themes of maintenance might fit into such a directory. Like metrics of active maintenace in git repos? To me this is an important pedagogical need.

Nathan

###
Nathan Schneider
Assistant Professor, Media Studies