[Themaintainers] edtech and maintenance: request for readings

Andrew Russell arussell at arussell.org
Thu Feb 21 11:15:08 EST 2019

Tom, thanks for kicking off a great discussion!

Education Week is another good venue short conversation-starting essays.  As part of their recent “10 Big Ideas” Benjamin Herold wrote about “Education has an Innovation Problem” - https://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2019/01/09/education-has-an-innovation-problem.html <https://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2019/01/09/education-has-an-innovation-problem.html>.  Lee and I wrote a short essay that accompanied Herold’s piece.  And there’s also an infographic that reports on an innovation survey, What Educators Really Think About Innovation <https://www.edweek.org/ew/articles/2019/01/09/what-educators-really-think-about-innovation-infographic.html> - on that page there’s also a link to the full survey results <https://www.edweek.org/media/innovation-survey-report-education-week.pdf>.  I found the infographic to be a good exercise/conversation starter for a student leadership retreat.

Good luck, and please know you’ve got an invitation to report back about what you use and how the course/discussions go.

Andy