[Themaintainers] edtech and maintenance: request for readings

cj cbigum at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 01:59:13 EST 2019

G’day Tom,

I’ve found Ursula Franklin’s The Real world of Technology to be useful. She makes use of Kenneth Boulding’s notion of technology as practice, the way things are done.

“He pointed out that there is a technology of prayer as well as of ploughing; there are technologies to control fear as well as to control flood.”

	Franklin, U. M. (2004). The Real World of Technology (Kindle ed.). Toronto, Canada: Anansi.

You are probably aware of William Turkel’s work:  Turkel, W. J., Crymble, A., & MacEachern, A. (2009). The Programming Historian. Retrieved from http://niche-canada.org/files/programming-historian-1.pdf

I have a few scribbles that might be of interest….  http://www.chrisbigum.com/cj/FinishedWriting <http://www.chrisbigum.com/cj/FinishedWriting>

Best wishes,

Chris