[Themaintainers] The (almost) secret workshops below Capitol Hill

Lee Vinsel lee.vinsel at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 11:42:55 EST 2019

Thanks very much for sending this out, Casey. I love the interviews.

When I arrived at Virginia Tech, I asked my department chair if I could get
a few more bookcases, figuring they'd just order some from IKEA or
wherever. Because our space is a bit unique, however, the solution turned
out to be having crafts-people employed at Virginia Tech make custom cases
for my office. I was surprised - baffled might be more accurate - to learn
that the university had such expertise on hand.

It'd be interesting to learn what other large organizations employ internal
crafts-persons.

Best,

Lee

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 10:05 AM Casey Boardman <casey.boardman at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The (almost) secret workshops below Capitol Hill
> By Kimberly Adams
>
> http://www.marketplace.org/2019/01/09/elections/almost-secret-workshops-below-capitol-hill
> Marketplace

Assistant Professor
Department of Science, Technology, and Society
Virginia Tech
leevinsel.com
Twitter: @STS_News