[Themaintainers] The (almost) secret workshops below Capitol Hill

Aaron Alcorn AaronA at livingcomputers.org
Fri Jan 11 15:15:01 EST 2019

At Living Computers, our mission is based on public access and use of our collections, so in many respects we are as much a museum of maintenance as we are one devoted to the history of computing. We employ 8 engineers full-time to restore our systems and keep the place running. And because parts can be hard to come by, the team goes to great lengths to design/manufacture replacements.

It’s not a bookcase, but it is craft knowledge nonetheless.

--Aaron

Aaron Alcorn, Ph.D.
Curator | Living Computers: Museum + Labs
D 206.342.2157

www.livingcomputers.org<http://www.livingcomputermuseum.org>