[Themaintainers] theologies of maintenance

David Zvi Kalman depst at sas.upenn.edu
Sun Mar 17 09:29:25 EDT 2019

Hi all,

I'm a PhD student working at the intersection of Jewish history and the
history of technology. I'm currently doing research on "theologies of
maintenance" — that is, understandings of God as a being without whom the
universe would cease to exist/fall apart/etc.

Does anyone know if this frame has been associated with technological
maintenance in the past? There is so much rich material to work with and I
would be surprised if I'm the first to look into this.

Thanks,

David Zvi Kalman

--
David Zvi Kalman