[Themaintainers] What Do Engineers Do All Day?: Innovation, Maintenance, and Everyday Engineering

lee vinsel lee at themaintainers.org
Tue May 21 14:55:24 EDT 2019

Hey, everybody.

I was happy to learn a few weeks ago that a project I proposed with some
Virginia Tech Engineering Education colleagues was funded by a center here.
The project will examine the kinds of occupational roles engineering
graduates end up in - in part to drive home the point that most engineers
are operators/maintainers and very few fall categories of
invention/innovation/or even design. I wrote a blog post because I thought
some people might interested and hopefully to encourage more research in
the space.

http://themaintainers.org/blog/2019/5/21/researching-what-do-engineers-do-all-day-innovation-maintenance-and-everyday-engineering

The post includes a link to an extract from the proposal just in case some
people want to go deeper on the project.

Best,

Lee

--
Co-Director