[Themaintainers] Introduction - New Subscriber

K M rogersmk92 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 12:52:47 EST 2020

Hello All,

My name is Kevin Rogers and I recently joined this community of
subscribers. My background is in Mechanical Engineering although I’ve found
myself working as a Distribution Engineer within the Electric Grid section.
I joined the list because I felt a need to learn more and listen to
problems that others are experiencing across industries.

There was a quote I saw years ago that may have been a catalyst for my
interest as a maintainer that went something like this: “Everybody is eager
to build new magnificent buildings/structures, while nobody wants to take
care of the ones around us falling apart”.

Anyways, I’ve stumbled upon an article leading to a CDC guideline for
returning to buildings once safe to do so. This specifically outlines the
issues related to the plumbing/water systems and how to safely monitor
increased levels of heavy metals.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/php/building-water-system.html

I fear the deteriorating water systems have been an invisible problem for
far too long now and wonder how many building owners will take the
guidelines seriously and if the pandemic has expedited the need for
resolution.

Thanks for listening,

Kevin Rogers