[Themaintainers] Repair can inspire the next generation

Kevin O'Reilly koreilly at pirg.org
Fri Jan 31 10:59:44 EST 2020

Maintainers,

Thanks to so many of you for signing on to our letter
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12nwdNRxaAfQBjNLleT9SgyF7mQVot5ZyWn_VN7P7X7Y/edit>
in support of Right to Repair. In this fight to ensure public access to the
parts, tools, and information that we need to fix our things, the voices of
those who value care over consumption will need to win the day.

Whether or not our society chooses to value repair will determine how much
waste we produce and the rate at which we deplete our limited resources.
But it will also influence the next generation of engineers and innovators.
In a piece for IEEE *Spectrum*
<https://spectrum.ieee.org/tech-talk/at-work/education/engineering-a-repairable-world>,
I discussed why this is the case.

*Professors of engineering and related fields have the power to shape this
next generation. Over 125 of them have signed on to our letter emphasizing
the importance of Right to Repair as an inspirational tool. Will you join
them to help us hit our goal of 150? Sign the letter today.
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12nwdNRxaAfQBjNLleT9SgyF7mQVot5ZyWn_VN7P7X7Y/edit>*

Many thanks,
Kevin
--