[Themaintainers] frameworklessmovement.org

Bastien bzg at bzg.fr
Mon Jun 1 09:10:56 EDT 2020

Dear all,

I hope this email finds you well!

I've discovered and read about https://frameworklessmovement.org

I find this interesting.  Of course, this opens up the discussion
rather than closes it, and I see many plausible ways to disagree.

But, as a Lisp/Clojure developer, it resonates with a lot of other
discussions in our communities: the accepted "wisdom" in Clojure is
that frameworks, while useful, are often *too* useful and always
end up preventing your project to move on (e.g. we don't have a
killer framework for web applications.)

That said, the text also seems to make a point *against* libraries
(as mini-frameworks?) which shows the limit of this argument: even
in Clojure, we don't discard libraries as well-calibrated ways of
solving small problems, we praise them.

In general, I'm happy to see these discussions among developers,
it shows that maintainance issues are getting more attention.

All best,

--
 Bastien