[Themaintainers] invitation to engage: Race and Maintenance

Anastasia Bennett ab233 at uw.edu
Fri Jun 12 14:54:47 EDT 2020

Hello all,

If you are interested in further resources for tracking information
concerning police violence, I highly recommend looking into the work of Sam
Sinyangwe who is a co-founder We The Protesters
<https://www.wetheprotesters.org/> which is responsible for Mapping Police
Violence <https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/> and Campaign Zero
<https://www.joincampaignzero.org/>, among other projects. From going to
one of his talks, it is my understanding that data maintenance is a concern
of his and part of that maintenance is wrapped up in police policies and
contracts.

Here is a shorter explanation of his work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVzGrj8HtcY

And a longer one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1pCX4amXEQ

Tender regards,