[Themaintainers] Maintainers email list update

Andrew Russell arussell at arussell.org
Tue Jun 16 11:55:43 EDT 2020

Dear Maintainers -

We’re writing with a small update about our shared email list.  Several weeks ago, we made the decision to make this list a moderated list, which means that all posts to the list are held for approval by list moderators.  The moderators are the 3 Maintainers co-directors, Jessica, Lee, and me.  The reason we did this is that we wanted to be sure that messages sent to the list were appropriate, and aligned with our Maintainers values <http://themaintainers.org/about-us> and the code of conduct <http://themaintainers.org/miii-code-of-conduct> we developed for MIII.

We plan to revisit the status of the list over the next few months, as part of our efforts to build capacity to support the community. We will be reaching out to you for your suggestions and participation, as we have in the past (some of you will remember the discussion about moving the list to a different host).  In the meantime, we believe that this moderated list is the best way to serve and support this community - and we would encourage you to continue to send ideas, articles, opportunities, inspiration, and anything else to highlight or discuss the essential roles of maintainers in our lives.  A big THANK YOU to everyone for your contributions here!

Yours in maintenance,

Andy, Jess, and Lee