[Themaintainers] Maintainers email list update

Bastien bzg at bzg.fr
Wed Jun 17 05:47:41 EDT 2020

Dear Andrew,

thanks for your message.

Andrew Russell <arussell at arussell.org> writes:

> The reason we did this is that we wanted to be sure that messages
> sent to the list were appropriate, and aligned with our Maintainers
> values and the code of conduct we developed for MIII.

I understand the need to ensure that all messages sent to this list
are appropriate but, as far as I can remember, all messages I received
through the list so far were appropriate.  So this announcement sounds
a bit weird, like trying to fix a problem that we did not have (yet).

If subscribers are not sure what real problem is being fixed by the a
priori moderation, they may end up censoring themselves, just because
they don't know what wrong they could do (e.g. I hesitated before this
very message, which is clearly a bit too "meta".)

Or maybe I'm not just aware enough of previous real problems?

Best,

--
 Bastien