[Themaintainers] "Community Memory"

Jesse Kriss jesse at jklabs.net
Mon May 11 09:57:18 EDT 2020

Hey Danny –

It's such a great project! Lee Felsenstein still lives in the Bay Area–I met him maybe a year ago, and he's generally happy to talk about this stuff, and certainly has been written about in various books about the history of computing, although maybe not with the particular angle or depth you have in mind. It does come up a fair bit in Claire Evans' 2018 book Broad Band.

For me, at least, one of the more interesting details is how directly Ivan Illich influenced Lee: see http://conviviality.ouvaton.org/spip.php?article39 and http://www.leefelsenstein.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/TST_scan_150.pdf

He also has a Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/lfelsenstein

- Jesse