[Themaintainers] Intro & looking to talk with people who have maintained government mainframe systems

Christa Hartsock christa.hartsock at gmail.com
Mon May 11 23:54:22 EDT 2020

Hi folks,

A brief intro since I'm new to the list: my name is Christa Hartsock and I
currently work as a software engineer at Code for America, often working
with government technology workers on legacy IT systems in the safety net
and criminal justice contexts. Outside of CfA I help run Logic
<https://logicmag.io/>, a print magazine about technology and society.
Excited to have found this community!

I'm writing to solicit contacts for a longform interview series I'm working
on for Logic. For our upcoming Care issue, we're looking to speak with
government employees past & present who have maintained mainframe systems.
We're interested in exploring the human and structural side of this
relationship—what was/is it like to be a caretaker for these systems?

With this context, is there anyone you think we should speak with? We're
particularly looking for people with first-hand experience maintaining
these systems. Sharing this message is appreciated, and direct responses
are encouraged.

Thanks for your time!
christa