[Themaintainers] November Information Maintainers meeting: all about DOCUMENTATION

Jordan Hale jordan.hale at uwaterloo.ca
Mon Nov 16 12:05:40 EST 2020

Hello Maintainers!

Wherever you are in the world this month, I hope this email finds you safe and well. If you've got the time and energy to come together with us this month, we're grateful to have you participate in this month's Information Maintainers conversation about documentation, with special guest Kaitlin Newson<https://kaitlinnewson.com/>! We'll get into the actions, routines and communities<https://www.writethedocs.org> that are needed to support and maintain the documentation needs of information systems, from someone who's a leader in making such work happen in decentralized, open-source environments.

Kaitlin is the Digital Projects Librarian for Scholars Portal, where she supports scholarly publishing and research data technology services for Canadian university libraries. She is also the coordinator of the Public Knowledge Project<https://pkp.sfu.ca> Documentation Interest Group, and a Library Carpentry<https://carpentries.org> instructor.

Please join us this Friday:

Fri, November 20, 2020

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM EST

Register here on Eventbrite<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/info-maintainers-november-2020-meeting-with-kaitlin-newson-tickets-129310438001?aff=ebdssbeac>

My best,
Jordan
Information Maintainers Community Co-Facilitator

---
Jordan Hale (they/them/theirs)
Digital Repositories Librarian, University of Waterloo
jordan.hale at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:jordan.hale at uwaterloo.ca>
519 888 4567 x40135

I am working from home, so please email me to set up an appointment to speak on the phone. I live on the traditional territories of the Anishinaabeg, Haudenosaunee, and Wendat peoples, and most recently the Mississaugas of the Credit. The University of Waterloo is located on the Haldimand Tract, the land promised to the Six Nations that includes ten kilometres on either side of the Grand River.