[Themaintainers] Big question - but looking for practical solution

Varun Adibhatla (ARGO) varun at argolabs.org
Tue Apr 27 13:36:37 EDT 2021

Erin,

Thank you :)
Astronomical equipment are such hallowed objects!
I remember going through a phase where I would buy old 35mm rangefinders
made in eastern europe and the soviet union (Voightlanders, Praktika)
because they had such a presence to them! (they are built like TANKS! and
they have a smell to them that is absolutely divine :)
Perhaps there is a larger opportunity here to consider an astronomy themed
cafe using the derelict but hallowed objects.
Maybe it needn't be public facing but for the astronomers to be caffeinated
under the gaze of the instruments of their forebearers.

The Camera Museum in UK has a Cafe (https://www.cameramuseum.uk/coffee-shop)

Varun

Thank You,
Varun Adibhatla