[Themaintainers] References on financial maintenance of information/data infrastructures?

Kalpana Shankar kalpana.shankar at ucd.ie
Wed Jun 9 06:38:13 EDT 2021

Dear Maintainers,

A collaborator and I are revisiting some work of ours that stalled out
about 2+ years ago, a  study of how income/revenue, expenditures, budgets,
cost-sharing (IOW, money) is deployed in sustaining information
infrastructures.

We had framed it as an infrastructure study, and it is, but one of the good
parts of that stalling out is that we have to update the literature review
and that has given me space, particularly to read this list. There  are of
course data infrastructures papers galore, but there's also a maintenance
piece that we missed the first time around.

Can anyone point me to some work on maintenance of data repositories and
infrastructures that might have some relevance to our focus on the
financial dimensions of doing so?  And if not that, per se, some references
that might be useful in helping us foreground why we should care about
money?

Thank you!

Kalpana

--
Kalpana Shankar
Professor, School of Information and Communication Studies

kalpana.shankar at ucd.ie

Co-Editor in Chief (with Professor Eugenia Siapera), *Online Information
Review*