[Wcpr-members] LSD - let's get the word out!

WCPR Publicity Manager publicity at wcpr.org
Wed Feb 20 12:19:47 EST 2013

Good morning!

With LSD fast approaching (less than two weeks from now!), *we need your
help getting the word out*. Once a year, WCPR hosts the Light Show & Dance
to show off all we've got; from our fancy lasers and lights to our
booming sub-woofers and high-powered amps. AND let's not forget the most
important showcase of all - (*DRUMROLL*) - our hard working staff who put
in the time and effort to make the LSD event and WCPR so successful (all of
you guys and gals!).

*This year, we're aiming to raise the bar*. For those who are not already
aware, we've got a big ticket DJ coming to campus-  Zack Roth. He's opened
for a lot of big names and is starting to gain recognition as a producer
and DJ. In addition, WCPR's very own Stanley Switalski will be warming up
the floor. We really want to show off our equipment and talent in style,
but we need your help to do it!  *Not only do we need you out there on the
dance floor, but we need you to help spread the word and get all of your
peers to do the same. *

I have attached a link to the PDF of our lovely flyer for the event
(designed by our graphics director Diane Bruzzese) -
http://snk.to/f-czujltxg. You can also access a jpg of the image at
http://www.stevens.edu/wcpr/LSD/assets/images/LSDflyerLarge.jpg. Spread it
around to all the organizations you're involved with. Share it on any
list-servs that you have access to and discuss it at your next meeting or
gathering. Suggest that this event be used as a social outing for the
organization or a cheap night out on campus with some friends. Let's fill
up the floor in Babbio and really show the school what WCPR is all about -
good music and good company.

In addition to spreading the word via your own channels, we need your help
in spreading the word out on the street (sidewalk to be exact). We'll be
giving away pop-rocks to let everyone know that we'll be exploding the
Babbio Atrium with awesome music and energy on March 1st. *We need people
to help hand out the candy down by the castle gates on February 28th (next
Thursday) from 1-3PM *(or until the Candy runs out, whichever happens
first).  If you are interested in helping out, please respond to this
e-mail. I will discuss this again at the meeting tonight.

Hope everyone is pumped for the event. Let's make this night a success! Any
help you can provide in getting the word is greatly appreciated!

Just for fun, here's a little something to listen to while you study this
afternoon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--qpYbHHkx0

Enjoy your day and hope to see everyone tonight.

-Pat MacLane
WCPR Publicity Manager

PS - as per the bi-weekly schedule, there is no publicity meeting tonight.
We will meet again at 9:00 PM next Wednesday night before the general
meeting.