[Wcpr-members] This week's WCPR happenings...

Robert May gm at wcpr.org
Wed Jan 30 00:34:18 EST 2013

Hey everybody, I hope you're all getting warmed up to classes again (and
staying warm outside). This week's meeting will be Friday at 6am.... Just
kidding, *9:30pm on Wednesday at the station. *Come by for card access,
membership, show forms, or any questions!

*Events this week:*
This Friday we've got two things going down. First, we're doing sound for *Bid
Night Celebration* in Walker, setup for that is at 5:30pm in the station.
Then we set up and DJ the *MASA Festival *in Babbio Atrium. Setup at 7pm
for that one. Both events should be fun, and they're both good ways to get
into mobile units and learn more of what we do.

*Reminders:*
-*Record your shows!* Use the handy new recording machine in Studio A to
record ten hours of live programming (during your scheduled time ONLY) and
hand it over to the eboard, and you'll receive a *free WCPR shirt!* Ask any
eboard member or come by the station if you're not sure how to use the
recorder, and remember to bring a thumb drive!
-*Attendance!* You MUST attend one meeting a month to retain card access.
We'll be keeping more of an eye on it this semester, and you don't want to
miss out on the chance to do a show...
-*Leaderboard!* Check the peak listener stats on the computer in Studio A
before and after your show... If you beat the previous record, take a
screenshot and email it to info at wcpr.org. We'll keep track of who the
leader is every week and at the end of the semester, and they'll be
receiving prizes to be announced soon!

Also, check out soundcloud.com/wcpr for the latest *WCPR Sessions *featuring
*The Weeks!* It was all recorded last Thursday before their show at
Maxwell's. Play it loud, and share it with everyone you know!

As always, feel free to email me with any questions. See you all at the
meeting!

--
Robert May
General Manager, WCPR