[Choir] Choir men: flash mob invitation

breeves breeves at stevens.edu
Mon Nov 17 15:11:25 EST 2014

Gentlemen!

Joan Litman, who directs a women's choir in Hoboken needs some menfolk
for a flash mob at their concert on Sat. Dec. 13 at St. Matthew's (where
we do the MESSIAH Sing, just on 8th & Hudson). The song will be "The 12
Days of Christmas."

Sounds like a gas to me; I hope some of you take her up on it! And,
please pass it around...

Here's the info (notes in CAPS are mine):
___________________________

November 10, 2014

Dear Gentlemen Friends of Cantigas Women's Choir,

Time to crash the party… _er… _concert!

This is a formal invitation for you to be part of a flashmob singing
"The Twelve Days of Christmas," at Cantigas' Sat. December 13th Winter
Concert at St. Matthew Trinity Lutheran Church in Hoboken.

Catharine Baldwin, a member of the faculty at The Hudson School who
directs their Summer Extravaganza, will stage it. You will be in fine
hands.

Here are the rehearsal times:

1. Monday, Dec. 1, 7:00-8:00 p.m. (running the song and beginning the
staging), place TBA.

NO WORRIES - YOU CAN'T MAKE THIS, AS WE HAVE REHEARSAL OURSELVES FOR THE
MESSIAH SING - BUT JOAN KNOWS THAT AND IS FINE WITH IT.

2. THURSDAY, DEC. 11, 8:45-9:30 P.M. (completing the staging at St.
Matthew's -- 8th and

Hudson Sts., Hoboken).

ALSO NOT STRICTLY NECESSARY, SAYS JOAN, IF YOU ALREADY KNOW THE SONG.

IF NECESSARY, JOAN MIGHT BE ABLE TO COME TO STEVENS TO TEACH THE SONG AT
SOME POINT. LET ME KNOW IF YOU'RE INTERESTED.

3. SATURDAY, DEC. 13, 6:00-7:00 P.M. (JUST BEFORE THE CONCERT) AT
ST.MATTHEW’S.

The more the merrier. Please think about men who will join in --
friends, those who sing with you in the community, in church or
synagogue, in other choirs, at work, or on football afternoons (how
would I know?) -- and send them this invitation, or send me their emails
and I will send the invitation.

NOT ALL THE SINGERS AT STEVENS ARE IN THE CHOIR - INVITE PEOPLE! GUYS
ONLY FOR THIS ONE, THOUGH.

Many of you have asked when men would be able to sing at a Cantigas
concert.

THIS IS IT! At least the premiere…

PLEASE R.S.V.P. TO ME BEFORE THANKSGIVING AT: JOANLITMAN at GMAIL.COM

Many thanks,

Joany

Joan Litman, Director / Cantigas Women's Choir

Artist in Residence for Choir and Voice