[Choir] Big Goal this week: Alleluia

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Sun Sep 27 12:51:37 EDT 2015

Dear All,

Our Big Goal for the week: get the Thompson "Alleluia" to the point where we can focus much more on higher-level musical work by next week. That means the basic notes & rhythms need to be under our belts.

Please take time to listen to your part, and the piece, via the previously provided links. I'll include them here again for your convenience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ie3iNTmzwKY - soprano part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5jUOfHlOKg - alto part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UGnwWlP6AQ- tenor part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdwcwCW9HXw - bass part

The complete piece, as performed by Voices of Ascension:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZYxWJFy6rI

We will also be spending time on the end (Reh. K forward) of the "Amen" chorus from MESSIAH in tomorrow's sectionals. Any advance listening would speed our work!  Look for "Final Amen" in Part III:

http://www.cyberbass.com/Major_Works/Handel_GF/Handel_Messiah.htm

FYI - I will most likely be making some cuts in the "Blessing & Honor" section, immediately preceding the "Amen."

Best,