[Choir] Choir - VIRTUAL CHOIR VIDEO(S); "Corona Choir" tomorrow 7-8 via Zoom

Bethany Reeves breeves at stevens.edu
Sun Mar 29 18:34:08 EDT 2020

Dear Choir,

We are "meeting" again tomorrow evening via Zoom. Details and link are in the email below that was sent to Choir alumni.

Last week's Thursday evening session made it clear that singing together at a distance isn't a thing, because sound and physics. It was fun, and it was hilarious, but musically - ?!!!

SO, I have come up with a solution of sorts, also below.

VIRTUAL CHOIR VIDEOS: Plans are in the works to possibly create 1-2 virtual choir videos involving current Choir members and Choir alumni, as you'll see below. Those of you new to the Stevens Choir this year don't yet know "Witness" (last performed in Fall '18) and don't know the "Alma Mater" very well (last performed in Spring '19). Supports will be created that will nonetheless bring you up to speed. 🙂

I would also like to do a virtual choir video just for the current choir, if it can be managed. I'd like to preserve "Jabberwocky" for the next live concert (and staying away from piano requirements is helpful in this situation), but the Palestrina "Sicut cervus" could be a good choice. It's beautiful and was really shaping up before spring break.

I hope you are all managing ok. This situation is presenting us all with some pretty steep challenges. I have found this article to be helpful:

https://hbr.org/2020/03/that-discomfort-youre-feeling-is-grief?fbclid=IwAR0CMngo1TFwARSUwMPpjB7CdBO4u1sl1qqJW672C8h7RbUYXFOa96moPYs
[https://hbr.org/resources/images/article_assets/2020/03/Mar20_23_1022720964-2.jpg]<https://hbr.org/2020/03/that-discomfort-youre-feeling-is-grief?fbclid=IwAR0CMngo1TFwARSUwMPpjB7CdBO4u1sl1qqJW672C8h7RbUYXFOa96moPYs>
That Discomfort You’re Feeling Is Grief<https://hbr.org/2020/03/that-discomfort-youre-feeling-is-grief?fbclid=IwAR0CMngo1TFwARSUwMPpjB7CdBO4u1sl1qqJW672C8h7RbUYXFOa96moPYs>
The coronavirus pandemic has led to a collective loss of normalcy.
hbr.org

I will hope to see many of you at the Zoom get-together tomorrow evening!

Warmly,

Stage Director/Teacher, DeBaun Shakespeare & Summer Theatre Projects
Stevens Institute of Technology