[SDS] Production Board Applications and Updates from Dave Zimmerman

Elizabeth Lamb elamb at stevens.edu
Mon Aug 20 17:11:32 EDT 2012

Welcome Back to Campus!

I know many of you have already returned, others will be returning within
the next week and I am happy to see you all again as our Fall Production
process begins.  As a reminder we will be producing Murdered to Death by
Peter Gordon.  *The auditions will be both September 6th and 7th between
9:00 and 11:00PM in the DeBaun Auditorium*.  Scheduling will be available
shortly and walk-in's also welcomed.

Additionally, if you would like to read the play before auditions I will be
hosting Open Office Hours Friday from 2:00 to 4:00PM in Jacobus 203.

If you are interested in the more technical side of theater I am also
sending this email to let you know that you have not missed your chance. * The
deadline for Production Board Applications will be extended until after
auditions and casting has been completed.*  The Production Board is made up
of a Lighting Designer, Master Electrician, Sound Designer, Set Designer,
Master Artisan, Master Carpenter, Costume and Make-Up Designer, Properties
Manager, and House Manager.  Applications for all positions are welcomed.
Also congratulations are in order for Lauren Harpst,  Mia Manzella, and
David Geiss who are filling the positions of Production Manager, Assistant
Director, and Stage Manager, respectively.

Below please also find two announcements from Dave Zimmerman about other
performance opportunities of the Stevens Campus.

Best,
Liz

DeBaun Center for Performing Arts and Stevens Dramatic Society are casting
> for the fourth annual Stevens One Act Festival. This Festival consists of
> comedies following the theme of “Couples Therapy.” In addition, Off-Center
> will be participating but casting from within their organization.
>

> AUDITIONS – Tuesday, August 28 from 8-9:30pm
>
> Please prepare a short comedic monologue and be prepared to read from
> sides.
>

> REHEARSALS and PERFORMANCES
>
> Regular rehearsals, leading up to Dress Rehearsals, will be weekdays and
> weeknights when schedules allow. Tech rehearsal will be Wednesday,
> September 12 in the evening and Final Tech/Dress will be Thursday,
> September 13 in the evening. Performances are September 14 and 15, 2012 at
> 8 p.m. in DeBaun Auditorium
>

> PLAY/CHARACTER BREAKDOWN
>
> Foreplay: or Art of the Fugue, Written by David Ives; Produced by Stevens
> Dramatic Society; Directed by Declan Candela—3 males, 3 females
>
> This play brings us Chuck, a would--‐be Don Juan, in three rounds of
> seduction with three different women on a miniature--‐golf course
>

> Arabian Nights, Written by David Ives; Produced by Stevens Dramatic
> Society; Directed by Frank Riccobono— 1 male, 2 males or 2 females, 1
> female (4 total)
>
> Utterly normal Norman walks into utterly ordinary Flora's shop looking for
> a souvenir of his travels and together they find whirlwind romance, spurred
> on by a wacky translator.
>

> Time Flies, Written by David Ives; Produced by DeBaun Center for
> Performing Arts; Directed by David Zimmerman—2 males, 1 female
>
> Two lonely but sweet young mayflies meet at a pond and really hit it off.
> Unfortunately, Horace and May watch a nature program on this first night
> out and discover they have a lifespan of only one day—and their lives are
> half over.
>

> One Tennis Shoe, Written by Shel Silverstein; Produced by DeBaun Center
> for Performing Arts; Directed by Robert Gonzales Jr.—1 male, 1 female
>
> Harvey needs to broach a delicate subject with his wife. He claims Sylvia
> is becoming a bag lady, but she protests that her department store shopping
> bag doesn't make her a bag lady. No, says Harvey, but the picture frame,
> couch cushion and single tennis shoe retrieved from the garbage do. Not to
> mention the cold cooked oatmeal in her purse.
>

> No appointments necessary. For any questions, please contact Robert at
> DeBaun Center – Robert.Gonzales at stevens.edu
>
> www.stevens.edu/debauncenter

Theta Alpha Phi, in conjunction with DeBaun Center for Performing Arts,

--
Elizabeth H. Lamb
Mechanical Engineer CO-OP '15