[SDS] Pre O Show, DeBaun One Act Festival Auditions, and GBMs oh my!

Trevor Batchelder tbatchel at stevens.edu
Thu Aug 22 16:12:57 EDT 2013

Hello everyone!

I hope that you all had a great summer! Although classes don't begin until
Monday, the performing arts are already getting started on campus. Here is
what is going on:

--

First off is the *Performing Arts Pre Orientation Show:*
The pre orientation group has been working hard all week and are putting on

--

Second, is the following announcement about auditions for the DeBaun One
Act Festival from Dave Zimmerman:

DeBaun Center for Performing Arts and Stevens Dramatic Society are casting
for the Spectacular Extravaganza One Act Festival. This Festival includes
two plays, *The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon *and *The Greek Mythology
Olympiaganza*, both written by Don Zolidis. In addition, Off Center will be
participating in the One Act Festival with an original work, but casting
from within their organization.****

** **

*AUDITIONS*

• Tuesday, August 27 from 8-10pm****

• Please prepare a short monologue (comedic or dramatic) and be prepared to
read from sides.****

• No appointments necessary.****

• No callbacks.****

• Everyone who auditions will receive a phone call or email about casting.**
**

** **

*REHEARSALS and PERFORMANCES*

• Regular rehearsals, leading up to Dress Rehearsals, will be weekdays and
weeknights when****

schedules allow.****

• Tech rehearsal will be Wednesday, September 18 in the evening.****

• Final Tech/Dress will be Thursday, September 19 in the evening.****

• Performances are September 20 and 21, 2013 at 8 p.m.****

* *

*SHOW DESCRIPTIONS*

*The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon*, produced by Stevens Dramatic Society***
*

Directed by Colin Gleich: 5–8 actors****

Two narrators attempt to recreate all 209 of the fairy tales of the
Brothers Grimm in a wild, fast-paced extravaganza. To make it more
difficult, they attempt to combine them into one gigantic fable using
“Rapunzel,” “Rumpelstiltskin,” “Hansel and Gretel,” “Snow White,” “Sleeping
Beauty,” “Cinderella” and other more obscure stories like “Lean Lisa” and
“The Devil’s Grandmother.” Each actor plays multiple roles.****

** **

*The Greek Mythology Olympiaganza*, produced by DeBaun Center for
Performing Arts****

Directed by Caroline Amaba: 6–8 actors****

Two battling narrators attempt to cover the entirety of Greek mythology
using audience participation, cross-dressing, and general theatrical
insanity. Creation myths such as “Pandora’s Box” and “Cronos and the
Titans” jostle for space with other famous myths like Jason and the
Argonauts (the original Super Friends). Culminating in a heart-‐pounding,
five-minute, two-actor version of *The Iliad*, this fast-paced,
free-wheeling play is wild, silly, and a complete blast for all ages. Each
actor plays multiple roles****

** **

*FURTHER INFO and QUESTIONS*

For further information: www.stevens.edu/debauncenter****

For questions, email David Zimmerman at dzimmerm at stevens.edu
--

Last but not least, is our start of the semester GBM on *September 4th @
9:00 PM *in EAS 222. Please be present at this meeting as we need to hold a

--

If you are back in Hoboken already, welcome back! Or if you haven't yet
returned, see you soon!

Sincerely,

Trevor Batchelder
Chemical Engineering Intern, Sun Chemical (starting August 26, 2013)
Stevens Institute of Technology Class of 2017
2/5 Chemical Engineering
Stevens Dramatic Society Vice President Fall 2013
Orientation Leader 2013
Brother ΑΦΩ ΘΑ Chapter