[SDS] Summer Greetings, Show Selection Meeting, ProBoard Application Deadline, Second Alumni List

Trevor Batchelder tbatchel at stevens.edu
Fri May 23 20:01:43 EDT 2014

Greetings society members!

I hope you are all enjoying your summer thus far, whether your have been on
co-op, taking classes, graduating (CONGRATS GUYS), or just hanging out at
home for the summer, I hope you've all gotten a chance to relax a bit after
this crazy, longer than necessary, and snow-ridden semester.

--

First thing's first: *Show Selection Meeting*

The executive board is trying something different this year regarding show
selection. Next *Friday (5/30)* we will be holding a meeting in *Jacobus
Large Conference Room* from *7:00 PM - 9:00 PM.* We will be going through
the narrowed down show choices to select a show and would love societal
input at this time. Though we will at some point ask you to leave so that
the executive board can make a final decision, it would be much appreciated
to have as many people in attendance as possible.

The E-Board will be ordering and eating dinner, so bring your own
food/Seamless account if you want to join in on that.

--

*Production Board Application Deadline*

Production Board Applications will be due on *Monday, June 16th at 10:00
PM.* This includes PM, SM, AD, and all other positions. We understand that
the show choice may influence a decision to apply, and will make necessary
changes to this deadline if we are not able to announce our selection until
after this date. Applications are attached to this email for your
convenience.

--

*Second Alumni E-Mail List*

I know some alumni are still on this list (including the very recent Class
of 2014-ers), so this is for you.

After receiving feedback and suggestions from some alumni, we have decided
to form a second alumni list. It is entitled *SDS Digest *and you can
subscribe to it here <https://lists.stevens.edu/mailman/listinfo/sdsdigest>.
Additionally you can send me an email with the subject line: "Please
subscribe me to SDSDigest."

So what is different about this list?

Well, instead of only receiving the alumni newsletter that comes a couple
of times a semester, you will also receive more frequent updates from us,
but not as frequent as the regular student list (hence the name SDSDigest).

These updates include, but are not limited to: show choice, opportunities
to mentor proboard members, production announcements (cast, director,
proboard, etc.), show dates, crew calls, other SDS events.

In a few weeks, I will be going through the list and manually removing you
and placing you on the regular alumni list, so it's up to you to subscribe
to this one if you want to.

Any questions or suggestions for this, send an email to sds at stevens.edu

--

*Upcoming Events*
Show Selection Meeting 5/30 from 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM in Jacobus Large

--

That's all folks! I hope that wasn't too long for you. I look forward to a
great year working with and for you guys. Try and come to the meeting next

--

Best,

*Trevor Batchelder*
2/5 Chemical Engineering Cooperative Education Student
Stevens Institute of Technology Class of 2017
Stevens Dramatic Society Vice President Fall 2013, Fall 2014 - Spring 2015
Brother ΑΦΩ ΘΑ Chapter
Orientation Leader 2013 - 2014
Stevens Student Ambassador
*http://www.strikingly.com/trevor-batchelder
<http://www.strikingly.com/trevor-batchelder> *
 <https://www.vizify.com/es/52cb4ac87a4ac4000c000112>

*​  SM_PM_AD Application.pdf
<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0XAEB28dLooVmUtQ1NldWtkRXRsdEJBT3E2cVoya1AwbWFZ/edit?usp=drive_web>
​​  Production Board Application F14.pdf
<https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0XAEB28dLooVXBmeDFraTFsMHlaeHdfQUhXQWUtQ1ozdGxN/edit?usp=drive_web>
​*