[SGDC] Game Jam Y Theme Submission + CS Carnivale

Nicco Carleton ncarleto at stevens.edu
Thu Feb 8 20:13:20 EST 2024

Y'know, at this time of year, I bet you're all yearning for another Game Jam. I won't make you yawn with all my yapping: GAME JAM Y STARTS MARCH 1ST! YAHOO! (Finding words that start with y is hard, alright?) Being the first jam of the semester, it'll take place over 48 hours, and you can submit any Y-starting themes for it from now until the 20th! You... youngsters got this!

"But March 1st? That's a while from now... I wish there was some way for me to show off my game-developing skills to a grand audience immediately!" WELL FEAR NOT, MADE-UP READER, FOR CS CARNIVALE IS IMMINENT, AND WE NEED YOU! We're looking for your games to go on our illustrious SIZZLE REEL, a video compilation of everything SGDC, to show off at this year's CS Carnivale! If you want to show off something you've made in this club, now's your chance!

If you want your game to be in the Sizzle Reel, fill out this form (https://forms.gle/wtnWVcbCrfAYii9D6), record yourself playing the game (preferably with some recording software - OBS is free to download), and put your video in the Drive folder here: https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1i7DeUAmW-piClJjvjXJR5ePfJg3XlWSK
And if you want any of your projects to be playable at CS Carnivale, submit here: https://itch.io/jam/cs-carnivale-2024

And just like that, you're on your way to SGDC greatness! Submissions for the reel close on the 12th at midnight, but you have right up until the event to get in a playable game! Everyone's encouraged to submit, but don't send anything you... wouldn't want your professors seeing, alright?

Oh, and the game jam, how could I forget?! Yodel your theme and prizes ideas here: https://forms.gle/oHgShxjFsoWp8t8j6

Nicco Carleton - SGDC Secretary