[SWE] Engineering Graduate Symposium, University of Michigan

Shira Washington sjwashin at umich.edu
Fri Sep 27 14:20:44 EDT 2013

http://www.engin.umich.edu/admin/commktg/engin/engin/logo/jpg-logos/coe-c-ho
riz.jpg

September 27, 2013

Dear Student Leader:

We ask that you help advertise our engineering recruiting events to
prospective graduate students at your institution.  Please share this email
with engineering students and student societies in AISES, ASEE, MAES, NSBE,
SHPE, SWE, TBP and elsewhere.

The College of Engineering at the University of Michigan continues to be
ranked in the top 10 nationally in virtually all engineering disciplines.
All newly admitted Ph.D. students are guaranteed five years of full funding
which includes tuition, fees, health insurance, a living stipend, etc.  A
selected number of newly admitted master's students are considered for one
year fellowships ranging from $10,000 - $20,000.  Students can apply for our
Ph.D. programs directly after the completion of their bachelor's degree.
Here is a quick snapshot of our engineering graduate programs with areas of
specialization:
http://grad.engin.umich.edu/home/Areas-of-Specialization.pdf

Please complete this short 30 second online form so that we may gather more
information and send you timely updates,
https://www.engin.umich.edu/form/coeinquiryform

To encourage you to consider Michigan Engineering, we provide several
opportunities for junior and senior level students:

1.       Engineering Graduate Symposium (junior and senior prospective
students)
Friday, November 15, 2013

http://gradsymposium.engin.umich.edu <http://gradsymposium.engin.umich.edu/>

Travel Grants are available for prospective Ph.D. students.  All costs are
paid including flights, hotels and meals to visit Ann Arbor, MI.

2.       Engineering Department Visits (senior applicants)

February and March, 2014

http://deptvisits.engin.umich.edu <http://deptvisits.engin.umich.edu/>

Selected Ph.D.  applicants for the fall 2014 term are invited to campus to
meet with faculty, tour departments and labs, mingle with current graduate
engineering students and experience campus life in Ann Arbor.  Many of the
students who visit are admitted and enroll in our Ph.D. engineering
programs.  All associated costs are covered (flights, hotels, meals, etc.).

3.       Engineering Summer Research Opportunity Program (junior prospective
students)

May 31 to August 2, 2014

http://sure.engin.umich.edu <http://sure.engin.umich.edu/>

Students who participate in engineering summer research with faculty mentors
at University of Michigan receive guaranteed five year Ph.D. fellowships,
$4,000 summer stipend, on-campus housing, some meals, transportation
allowance for flights or mileage, GRE test prep course, etc.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Mike Nazareth

Director for Graduate Recruiting
College of Engineering, University of Michigan
mikenaz at umich.edu

734-647-7077