[SWE] Yearbook Picture & Opportunities

Kaylee Shepard kshepard at stevens.edu
Mon Feb 12 19:44:44 EST 2018

Hi everyone!

Below, I have included information about SWE's yearbook picture and a great
opportunity to get involved with!

*Yearbook Picture*
Tomorrow we will be taking our yearbook picture! We will be taking it at
9PM in Bissinger.

Some important things to know about our picture:

   - Bring your swipes!! Everyone will be swiped in multiple times so the
   Link knows where you were sitting in the picture.
   - Arrive 15 minutes early (so 8:45) so that everyone can be swiped in!
   - There is no dress code, but please dress in good taste (as in what you
   would normally wear to class). Also, it is best to avoid black or navy
   shirts since they tend to blend in with Bissinger's curtains.

We hope to see you all there!

*Opportunities*
*Become LEED Accredited*
*LEED Green Associate (GA) Training - **NEWARK*

When: February 19th 2018 – 6:00PM to 10:00 PM

Where: NJIT - Weston Hall – AIA Room

Registration: https://leadinggreen.com/njit/

OR

*CCNY – City College*

When: February 20th 2018 – 6:30PM to 10:00 PM

Where: CCNY - Steinman Hall – Room 161

Registration: https://leadinggreen.com/nyc2

*Want to get involved in sustainability? Opportunities are plentiful and
LEED is at the forefront!*

LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is simply a
sustainability scorecard for green buildings. Buildings can become LEED
Certified as can people! The LEED Green Associate is the only professional
designation to show employers and clients you have certified knowledge in
the field.

To date, this course and its materials have proven to be instrumental in
helping over 8000 students pass their respective exam at a 100% pass rate.
This course is offered at a quarter of the price and time as the
competition and is geared at allowing students to graduate with letters
after their name!

*This course meets the exam’s eligibility requirements and the USGBC
charges a $100 (reduced for students) fee for the actual exam which can be
taken at any time at your nearest Prometric center. *Save money by
reserving your spot today and make a positive difference in your career!

*If you are worried about your busy schedule, fear not, as the course is
entirely recorded and you can watch the part that you cannot attend or take
the whole course online.*

*This professional designation never expires and you will never have to
retest if you pass now!*

*Early-Bird C**os**t*: *$300 ($200 for full time students)*

*To register for the class please visit: **https://leadinggreen.com/njit/*
<https://leadinggreen.com/njit/>

FOR MORE INFORMATION CLICK HERE!
<https://leadinggreen.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/LEED-V4-Poster-NJIT.pdf>

*Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day at Bayonne High School*

To celebrate National Engineers Week, join SWE NJ at Bayonne High School to
support and Evening of Engineering for 7th and 8th grade students!
Volunteers will share their experiences and assist with hands on activities
and demos. Light dinner will be served.