[Themaintainers] Winding down Maintain.community (Festival of Maintenance)

Laura James lbjames at gmail.com
Sun Oct 15 14:56:43 EDT 2023

Hi everyone,

Sometimes, the right thing to do is to stop maintaining something.

The small volunteer community who created and ran the Festival of
Maintenance (later Maintain) in the UK and online made the tough decision
to close this month
<https://maintain.community/blog/2023/10/02/why-we-are-closing/>.

We hosted some incredible and diverse speakers and discussions about
practical maintenance in different contexts and are proud that we were able
to capture and share almost all of this on YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/@MaintainHive/playlists>.

(We got a lot of interest, but sadly not enough to create a sustainable
community to keep organising events, after the initial team entered new
life phases with different commitments. If a plausible group is interested
in taking forward the brand and community assets, we'd be happy to transfer
them though!)

Best wishes,

Laura