[Themaintainers] Winding down Maintain.community (Festival of Maintenance)

Jonathan Coopersmith j-coopersmith at tamu.edu
Mon Oct 16 00:24:16 EDT 2023

Laura,
 Congratulations to you and your colleagues for creating and running the
Festival of Maintenance for so long -- and for sharing it on YouTube.  We
are in your debt, and not just for learning about Cambridge's Guerrilla
Groundsman.

Stay sane,

Jonathan

Jonathan Coopersmith
Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science

Professor Emeritus
Department of History
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX  77843-4236
979.739.4708 (cell)

"Technological obsolescence,
<https://www.nationalacademies.org/news/2023/05/technological-obsolescence>"
National Academy of Engineering *Perspectives* May 23, 2023

It's taking longer to vote - especially if you are Black or Hispanic
<https://theconversation.com/its-taking-more-time-to-cast-a-ballot-in-us-elections-and-even-longer-for-black-and-hispanic-voters-191711>
, theconversation.com

Preserving space archives:  https://www.toboldlypreserve.space/

*FAXED.  The Rise and Fall of the Fax Machine* (Johns Hopkins University
Press)