[AnimeClub] Anime Club Gets Teary Eyes

Vincent vlipoma at stevens.edu
Thu Feb 11 23:20:35 EST 2010

Greetings Fellow Otaku,

It is with tears in my eyes that I announce the arrival of Singles
Awareness Day, otherwise known as Valentine's Day. How appropriate it is
that I have tears in my eyes because club will be marathoning the
entirety of Pretear! What is Pretear? It's a totally shojo anime that is
best described by club member Marcin Galdyn:

"Have you ever wanted to live in a world where using your special powers
changes your clothes into Power Ranger esque uniforms while you try to
fend off demon larva that are sucking the Earth dry for an evil
princess? Yea, neither have I, but that's exactly the kind of world that
sixteen year old Himeno Awayuki is thrust into after running into the
seven Leafe Knights. After her father remarries a rich widow Himeno
starts living the good life we've all dreamed about, but her sudden
change in status compared to her original upbringing leaves her
ostracized by both her classmates and her new family. While trying to
adjust to her new lifestyle Himeno notices a strange red snow that is
falling over part of the city. Now I would think that red snow is
awesome but apparently this is a sign that a demon larva is in the
vicinity just waiting to feast upon the world's Leafe (the essence of
all life)."

Crazy weather phenomena? Power ranger uniforms? Awkward high school
life? Yeah that sounds like anime!

So come to B118 Friday at 9PM to watch Pretear and not feel lonely! Or,
if you have a significant other, drag them to Anime Club and feel the
ire and jealousy of those around you while munching on our fine
selection of snacks and soda!

Oh, and we have pizza and prizes too!

See you there!
-Vinny, Secretary of Stevens Anime Club, who definitely does not
celebrate single's awareness day.