[AnimeClub] Valentine's Day Marathon

Chris Bowers cbowers at stevens.edu
Wed Feb 8 14:58:26 EST 2012

Salutations,

This Friday, we will be holding our famed Valentine's
Day marathon, at which we will watch Angel Beats. When I say 'marathon',
I mean just that: we will be watching the series in its entirety. All 13
episodes, plus the OVA.

Angel Beats begins with a young man named
Otonashi waking up at a strange high school. He is told that he has
died, and joins a resistance force that fights against the powers that
be. It's implied that he and the rest of the members of the Battlefront
are in purgatory, but feel free to form your own opinions on what's
really going on.

A couple fun facts about Angel Beats: The story was
written by Jun Maeda of Key Visual Arts, who was also responsible for
Kanon, Air, and Clannad. Otonashi means 'silence'; this may or may not
be significant. During the original TV run, a Japanese website held a
character popularity poll. Angel was the most popular, followed very
closely by TK. All other characters received little to no votes. The
piano note played during the eyecatches is middle A.

Join us this
Friday, February 10th, at 9 PM in Burchard 118 for a great anime, pizza,
snacks, beverages, and all the rest.

See you there,

Chris Bowers
An
Secretary

PS: If you haven't already, you should get on DuckSync! The
Anime Club's page on DuckSync is here [1].

Links:
------
[1]
https://orgsync.com/48050/chapter