[AnimeClub] [Manga Club] Fall 2018 Mangtriculation!

Tue Sep 5 10:03:45 EDT 2017

Welcome to youkoso manga club!

For you guys who did not stay until intermission of matriculation last
Friday I want to let you guys know that we also have a manga club.  manga
club is not an official club but more of a branch of the Stevens Anime Club
that was created last year to cater to those who like to not spend 20
minutes watching an episode that can be read in 2 minutes in a chapter.  We
also felt that those who only watched anime and have not read manga before
were missing out on tons of masterpieces that either did not get their
adaption or did not get an adaption that did not do it justice.

I believe that we can thrive this year under my new superior leadership as
our last leader was just a lowly kasul who disrespected manga by reading on
his phone.

Contrary to popular belief the format for manga club is not the same as
anime club as we will not be putting up manga on a projector and reading
it.  Manga club will function similar to a book club but for manga where we
will meet up and choose a manga for everyone to read and then meet to
discuss what we have read.

Our first meeting for manga club will be on Wednesday, September 6th in the
CAL Lounge (Morton 106) from 1-2PM (This is during academic break so no one
should have classes during this time, but if you are interested and this
time does not work out for you for any reason feel free to let us know at
anime at stevens.edu and we will try to work something out).  We will be
deciding what to read in this meeting so bring some recommendations of what
you have been itching to read.

While most of the current members from last year (me and my roommates) are
hardcore manga readers, we do not expect everyone to have the same reading
speed as us and will try and cater to the kasuls to find a reading speed
that is manageable for everyone in the club.  Also for the hardcore readers
like me who may want to finish a manga in a sitting and not stop at the
designated stopping point, we may try and do what we do last year where we
would choose another manga to read for the week alongside the one that was
chosen (if you have another suggestion feel free to bring it up during
club).

Also if any of you guys are interested in discussing ongoing manga or
anything that you are reading, feel free to bring the discussion to the
#manga channel in our Slack (if you do not have access to the Slack and
would like it, either send a message to anime at stevens.edu or come to
club)!  Hope to see you guys there! Actually though, I am kind of getting
sick of my roommates and need someone else to talk to about manga.

[image: Inline image 1][image: Inline image 2]