[cs615asa] [POSSIBLE SPAM] HW#N - Attend a Meetup/Talk/community event.

Ruiliang Hong rhong1 at stevens.edu
Wed May 4 12:59:21 EDT 2016

Hi everyone,

I went to the meet up "What's new in Ubuntu 16.04(Xenial Xerus)" on April
20 and the talk was given by Mark Baker who leads OpenStack product
management at Canonical.

The reason I went to this talk is that Ubuntu is my favorite Linux
system(although I'm still a beginner to Linux system and exploring more
information about Linux) and my git server was deployed in Ubuntu. Knowing
the new features of Ubuntu 16.04 is really fun.

There are several softwares are introduced on Ubuntu 16.04, which are LXD,
Snappy, Docker, OpenStack and OpenZFS.

For LXD which is the new generation Linux container hypervisor, it provides
machine containers. It's different from Docker but LXD container machines
can host Docker. Docker 1.10 can be integrated with LXD.

About Docker, it allows users to make production environment portable.

There are some features about Docker:
 -host a single process on a filesystem
 -Machine container from LXD
 -boot a full OS on their filesystem

Also there is another important update about this version, that this is the
first distribution to ship and fully support ZFS file system.

OpenZFS has the following features:
 - snapshot backups
 - copy-on-write clones
 - integrity checking