[FAST] Winter Cotillion Dance Volunteers!

Richard delos Reyes richard.dlreyes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 23:08:49 EDT 2010

Hi again guys,

This email is about the Cotillion performance we're going to do for FAST's
annual Winter Cotillion, to be held sometime in December (final date TBA).

So far, I have a pretty good list of volunteers to dance, but I'm aware that
not everyone went to Tuesday's meeting. Therefore, I'm looking for more
volunteers! :)

If you don't know, when a girl turns 18, in Filipino culture, they are given
a *debut*, or coming-of-age celebration. This is usually a formal party, and
one of the main programs of this party is the *cotillion performance.*
Traditionally,
it is a set of dances (usually ballroom) that are performed by the debutante
(the girl turning 18), her escort, and a cotillion court of eight boys and
eight girls.

See this video<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4142525599900935123&hl=en>
 or this video<http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1599767663013522533&hl=en>
for
examples. (These are cotillions that I was a part of; the first link is from
three years ago, and the second link is from four years ago.)

We will be doing a somewhat simplified version of this, with three dances -
the Waltz, Samba, and Hustle. Search Google for examples of these.

If you are interested, please email me (see my signature) by this *Friday,
October 15, 2010.*
*
*
*Thanks!