[MSA] Upcoming Eid Festivities

Waqar Khokhar wkhokhar at stevens.edu
Sun Nov 14 00:44:31 EST 2010

Salam all,

As we invariably begin gearing up for the celebration of Eid-ul-Adha,
Stevens MSA is preparing two events for your enjoyment and edification.

First, we are holding a *Takbir* on the night of Eid, which is *Tuesday
November 16*, inshAllah.  We are holding it in the *Fielding Room* in the
Howe Center at *9PM*.  This is a service for all the resident Muslims who
cannot or will not go home for the holiday.  InshAllah, there will be
refreshments available.

Second, we intend to have a large-scale speaker/discussion regarding the
purpose and importance of the Eid celebration, and by extension Hajj.  As
one of the only two real celebrations in the Muslim year this holiday
obviously draws intrigue, so we have invited a guest speaker (Dr Shahid
Farooqi, recognizable to those from Central/South Jersey) to discuss this
topic.  We encourage you to invite all your non-Muslim friends, as the event
will be largely facilitating towards diverse discussion.  InshAllah, we are
holding it on *Monday November 29th*, at *6PM* in *Bissinger Room *at the
Howe Building.  Bear in mind that this will be the FINAL event held by the
MSA for this semester, so make every intention to attend!  Food will also be
served.

InshAllah, we hope that everyone can make it to both events.  We'll send
another reminder for the latter as the date draws closer.

Wasalam,
Waqar Khokhar
Stevens MSA, President