[SGDC] Recap and Important Info

Kevin Quigley kquigley at stevens.edu
Wed Sep 17 01:01:27 EDT 2014

Hello SGDC,
This evening's meeting went excellently. The early progress on the games is
very exciting and it seems we're on our way. Hopefully you were all able to
sort out a schedule with your Project Manager. If not, I recommend Doodle
<http://doodle.com/> as a useful tool.

As promised, here is the info for The Jacobus Project:

*Standards*
Aspect Ratio: 16:9
2.1 ch Speakers
2 joysticks, 16 normal buttons (8 per player), 2 player select buttons
(joytokey style mapping)
Windows export

*Requirements*
.exe game file
.ico icon file
.txt description file

*Deadlines*
9/23 concept documentation (art, storyboard, interface design, etc.) due
9/30 prototypes due
10/?? (more goals will be added based on relative progress)
10/24 final due date

*Specs for controller
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B12xlXeJT7eVR0RSc1dGVEpqbTg/edit?usp=sharing>*
*Hierarchy Tree
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxUwM3q0V1obcnJrTzI2WHhhWEU/edit?usp=sharing>
(if
you want to know who to report to, find your name and follow the line up)*

In other news, we are still looking for volunteers to do the *RSO
LEADS *Program.
Please email Jason Gardella asap if you are interested.

Also, just a reminder that the* first Gamejam of the semester *will take
place *Friday 9/26 at 8 pm to Sunday 9/28 at 8 pm*, there will be pizza.

Furthermore, if any mobile developers are interested in helping with
*Danielle's
Parking Optimization App*, contact me personally at kquigley at stevens.edu.

Moreover, if you would like to work on the *club website* contact Jason
Gardella at jgardell at stevens.edu.

Lastly I'd like to apologize to any non-Jacobus project members who may
have felt that tonight's intro to GameMaker wasn't well structured. It was
tough to get a sense of everyone's prior skill level and learning speed and
so it may have seemed either too slow or too fast for some of you. Please
do not be discouraged from coming back and learning more (hopefully with a
better established curriculum), nor should you feel obligated to come and
do tutorials. If you would like to sit and code or simply listen in on
others and learn that way that is fine, I just want to emphasize that you
all have the option of being taught or learning on your own and that
sometimes just being in the room with people who you can ask questions is a
helpful environment to self teach. But all in all, good job with your first
lesson!

Good job tonight everyone and I look forward to seeing you all next week
with your awesome ideas organized and documented!
-Kevin Quigley
SGDC President