[SGDC] Meeting Summary

Kevin Quigley kquigley at stevens.edu
Wed Sep 24 13:20:29 EDT 2014

Hello SGDC,
I saw some awesome progress at last night's meeting and am excited for next
week's prototype deadline. Below are some quick reminders of things I
mentioned last night:

*Game Jam*
is this weekend starting Friday at 8 pm. Even if you're overloaded with
Jacobus Project work, feel free to come eat snacks and hangout with
everyone while we work. Also, if you haven't already, join the Facebook
Event
<https://www.facebook.com/events/264021243808657/?ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming>
and
sign up for Tabling
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-GpE4OraX646qTIQU8Pi5_RkyslFzMzz8HJhhC52rXM/edit?usp=sharing>

*Hackathon thing that totally conflicts with everything but will be
sponsoring us in the future*
*"*This is the 1st “Voice Control Hackathon” sponsored by What Are Minds
For, Inc (WRM4).  At this weekend event, you will be provided an
introduction, education and code for how to use the Vognition natural
language voice control API by the founder of WRM4.The Voice Control
Hackathon is Sept 27th and 28th at Lam Cloud (exit 8a on the turnpike) for
$20 dollars.  The event includes breakfast and lunch. IMPORTANT:  You must
purchase your ticket at Eventbrite (Register for the Voice Control
Hackathon here.
<https://www.eventbrite.com/e/voice-control-hackathon-01-tickets-12761258267?aff=stevens>
)
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/voice-control-hackathon-01-tickets-12761258267?aff=stevens
"

*Jacobus Reminders*
Prototypes due 9/30/14
Controls schematics (includes key mappings)
<https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B12xlXeJT7eVR0RSc1dGVEpqbTg/edit?usp=sharing>

That's all for now, see you all Friday!
-Kevin Quigley
SGDC President