[Themaintainers] Looking for Interviewees - Unrecognized/Under-Resourced Maintainers

lee vinsel lee at themaintainers.org
Mon Jun 17 14:16:51 EDT 2019

Hi, everybody.

As some of you know, Andy Russell and I are writing a popular book related
to The Maintainers. We are looking to fill it with as many personal stories
and rich anecdotes as possible.

We often hear that maintenance receives too little attention and too few
resources in organizations and that maintainers within organizations feel
unrecognized, even disrespected. We are looking to talk to individuals who
have had some or all of these experiences - either a lack of recognition or
too few resources and support to get their work done (at least at the level
of quality they think is adequate).

Is this you or someone you know? We'd love to hear from you either way!

A few things: 1. We realize that these are sensitive topics for any
employee and that speaking publicly on these issues would be risky for
many. For this and other reasons, we are completely willing to anonymize
interviewees when quoting them in our book. We are even willing to speak on
"background" if need be.

2. If you are wondering something like, "Why are you only focusing on these
less than happy stories and not highlighting happier situations?" don't
worry! We'll be coming back for more interviews soon, including with
maintainers who love their jobs and have had great experiences. (Looking at
you, Andrea Goulet!!)

Thanks,

Lee

--