[Themaintainers] Meet the Track Co-Chairs: Maintainers III

Andrew Russell arussell at arussell.org
Wed May 8 16:33:48 EDT 2019

Hi everyone!

As we approach the May 13 deadline for proposal submissions for Maintainers III <http://themaintainers.org/miii>, I’ve been giggling about the major, major differences between our organizational approach for MI and MII vs our current structure and process for MIII.

Long story short: this time is WAY better, because we have an amazing planning committee <http://themaintainers.org/miii-planning-committee>.  They’ve been introducing themselves to this list over the past month or so, and I’ve really enjoyed seeing their personalities come out in the past few months.

As a way to celebrate their contributions and thank them for the work they’re doing - and will continue to do between now and the conference on October 6-9 - I thought it would be fun to reflect specifically on the track co-chairs who are leading our themed tracks in software, transportation, and information maintenance.  So I wrote a quick blog post about it: http://themaintainers.org/blog/2019/5/8/maintainers-iii-meet-the-track-leaders <http://themaintainers.org/blog/2019/5/8/maintainers-iii-meet-the-track-leaders>.  Please take a look and share - I hope it will help stimulate some good, last-minute ideas for submissions!

All the best,

Andy
(Maintainers Co-Director)