[Themaintainers] [EXTERNAL] Re: XKCD comic on maintenance

Jordan Hale jordan.hale at uwaterloo.ca
Wed Aug 19 11:42:09 EDT 2020

Hi folks,

For those who aren't also subscribed to the Information Maintainers list, please note our monthly community call coming up this Friday on exactly this topic - doing our best to make sure our lives don't hinge on a single person in Nebraska!

This month our guest speaker will be Ross Spencer, who will be joining us to discuss working within and maintaining decentralized, small-group systems and development infrastructures in different organizational and national contexts. Ross has a ten year background in digital preservation, and an off, and now on-again relationship with professional software development. Having spent the last decade putting together bespoke tooling (all open source) for Archives New Zealand, and The National Archives, UK, in pursuit of looking after the archival record. Ross now works for Artefactual Systems Inc. applying some of the knowledge gained in that time to the open source Archivematica system and the various Artefactual clients. Ross now resides in Canada and has a keen interest in staying indoors (but is looking forward to being able to go out again soon along with everybody else). You can find out more about Ross' work via the various links on his blog http://exponentialdecay.co.uk/blog

August 21st at 8am PST / 9am MST / 10am CST / 11am EST / 3pm GMT
Description:https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81790200032<https://www.google.com/url?q=https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81790200032&sa=D&source=calendar&usd=2&usg=AOvVaw1Xo3DYCcBKboYWFdxMc0_n> Meeting ID: 817 9020 0032 One tap mobile +13462487799,,81790200032# US (Houston) +12532158782,,81790200032# US (Tacoma) Dial by your location +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston) +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma) +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose) +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago) +1 646 558 8656 US (New York) +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown) Meeting ID: 817 9020 0032 Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kbpYZXJhKu

My best,
Jordan
Information Maintainers Community Co-Facilitator
---
Jordan Hale (they/them/theirs)
Digital Repositories Librarian, University of Waterloo
jordan.hale at uwaterloo.ca<mailto:jordan.hale at uwaterloo.ca>
519 888 4567 x40135