[Themaintainers] Big question - but looking for practical solution

Jan Dittrich dittrich.c.jan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 18 16:04:52 EDT 2021

Hi Erin,

So just to understand you correctly:

The people you work with store a lot of broken equipment that is too old
to be used efficiently anyway.

Does it, aside of probably looking messy have negative effects? Like,
that the space that is used is needed for something else? (Asking, since
some people might like it to look like the IT crowd basement. Having
hung out in some hack spaces, it sometimes seems to be an aesthetic
choice, I guess :) )

You also write:

 > They do "ad-hoc" maintenance […]
 > […] resource allocation for preventative maintenance and repair

This implies to me that, while the tech runs it is not necessarily taken
care of, only if it breaks – is that correct or did I read to much into it?

Kind Regards,
  Jan