[Wcpr-members] Big things happening this week!

Robert May gm at wcpr.org
Wed Jan 23 00:32:44 EST 2013

I know last week it seemed like a quiet start to the semester, but that's
all off now... We've got a few big things to announce this week!

First, let me formally launch *WCPR Sessions!* As we get bands into Studio
B for live sessions, we'll be mixing everything down and posting it on our
new SoundCloud page <http://soundcloud.com/wcpr> for everyone to stream and
download. Check out the session from *Avon Junkies*, and follow the channel
for a session later this week...

>From The Weeks! The Weeks <http://theweeks.bandcamp.com/> are a rock band
from Jackson, Mississippi that are here for a kickass show at Maxwell's on
Thursday night, and they've agreed to come give us an exclusive interview
and acoustic performance on Thursday afternoon! *Tune in or come by the
station at 4pm on Thursday *to hear it. Also, anyone interested in doing
the interview, get in touch with me ASAP.

Also, this *Sunday, January 27, *we'll be hosting a *DJ Clinic!* Come by *the
station at 1pm* to get a few lessons in advanced radio DJing including
timing, cuing, and keeping your show moving. Also, after some *free food*,
we'll be giving an intro to beat matching and club DJing for anyone
interested in sticking around. Highly recommended for freshman or people
new to shows, or anyone wanting to get an extra professional edge.

As we mentioned at the meeting last week, for those of you getting started
with shows, *record them!* Come by the meeting for a brief on how to use
the recorder, and bring a thumb drive and record your show. If you give us *10
hours* of your show's live recording (during your scheduled time), you'll
get a *free WCPR shirt!* Come by the meeting or email me for more
information.

Finally, our *usual weekly meeting will be tomorrow* (Wednesday) at the
usual time (9:30pm), usual place (the station). Be there if you need to
sign a membership form, show form, or schedule your show!

See you all at the meeting!
--
Robert May
General Manager, WCPR